- 4 sheets of rice paper
- 4 large cooked shrimps (peeled, deveined and cut in half)
- small handful of bean sprouts
- small handful of thai basil (optional)
- small handful of fresh mints
- small handful of fresh coriander
- 1 small carrot (julienned)
- ½ cucumber (julienned)
- 4 soft lettuce leaves
- few chinese chives (cut into 4 inch length)
- 2 oz rice vermicelli
- 2 fish sauce
- 4 water
- 2 dessertspoon fresh lime juice
- 2 dessertspoon sugar or palm sugar
- 1 tsp garlic chili sauce
- 1 tsp finely chopped roasted peanuts
- 1 dessertspoon hoisin sauce
- In a saucepan with hot water, boil vermicelli 2-3 minutes until al dente, rinse with cold water, drain and set aside.
- Wet the rice papers, one at a time, briefly with water.
- Place some vermicelli, lettuce, bean sprouts and herbs on the rice paper.
- Wrap the top down, roll one turn, fold in both sides and roll up, envelope style, keeping tension moderately tight, add shrimps and chives last.
- In a bowl, mix the fish sauce, water, lime juice, sugar and chili sauce.
- Serve the shrimps rolls with the fish sauce or serve it with a mixture of fish sauce and hoisin sauce.
- Top the sauce with finely chopped peanuts.
By Mai Tan for MasterChef Ireland.