- 200 g cranberries (blanched in boiling water for one minute)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 tblsp vegetable oil
- 4 figs (cut into wedges)
- 1 red chili (chopped)
- 100 g sugar
- 100 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 tblsp cinnamon
- 1 tblsp ground cloves
- Heat the oil in a non-reactive pan over a medium heat.
- Fry the onion until softened.
- Add the fig wedges and chili and stir well to combine.
- Add the sugar, vinegar and spices and bring to boil.
- Add in the cranberries and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the fig wedges and cranberries are soft.
- Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place into clean warm kilner jars or ramekins.
- Cover and make air tight. Leave to cool.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say