- 1 eggplant (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 6 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 200 g tomato and basil sauce
- 16 oz mozzarella cheese (shredded and divided)
- 3 tblsp and 1 tsp grated parmesan cheese (divided)
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Dip eggplant slices in egg, then in bread crumbs. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes on each side.
- In a baking dish spread sauce to cover the bottom. Place a layer of eggplant slices in the sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with the cheeses. Sprinkle basil on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until golden brown.