- 300 g avocado (make sure that it is ripe)
- 350 g mango (make sure that it is ripe)
- 40 ml lime juice
- 120 ml single cream
- 240 ml full fat milk (don't use 'no fat' milk)
- 100 ml water
- 100 g caster sugar
- Put the sugar and water into a saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes and allow to cool.
- Peel and take out the stones from the mango and avocado and roughly chop and put into processor.
- Add the lime juice and blend until smooth.
- Strain through a sieve into a bowl.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a shallow container and put into the freezer.
- After an hour, the mixture will have started to freeze around the edges. Remove mixture from the freezer and beat.
- Return to the freezer and repeat the above twice more.
- When you want to serve the ice cream, remove it from the freezer about 5-10 minutes beforehand. This makes it easier to scoop out.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say