Lychee, Raspberry Mint & Pepper Cordial
Refreshing, perfumed, colourful, decadent and fun…
- 1 tin lychee fruits in sugar syrup (drained, reserving the sweet juices and fruit in separate two bowls or jugs)
- 125 g raspberries (divided into two amounts; half for the cordial and half for garnish)
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tblsp rose water
- good handful mint
- 2 tblsp rose petals (blitzed to a fine powder, or 2tblsp desiccated raspberry powder, for rim of glass)
- 2 tblsp golden caster sugar (unrefined, for rim of the glass)
- mint sprig skewers (woody stems of an older mint plant, or you can use wooden skewers)
- a few twists lemon zest (as required)
- a few good handfuls cubed ice
- a few (generous) measures gin, for the martini
- Pour the lychee syrup into a small, heavy bottomed pan. Gently warm the lychee syrup to hot, not boiling. Then, pop in the nutmeg and black pepper. Take the pan off the heat and leave to cool.
- When very cool to the touch, add the rose water to the infused syrup and set aside.
- Grab your blender, pour the infused lychee juices from the pan into the jug. Add half of the raspberries and half of lychee fruits, then blend until smooth
- Strain through a fine sieve and or muslin into a handy bowl of jug. Cover the jug and pop into your fridge.
- Barber Shop Cooler
- In the bottom of a tall (hi-ball) glass drop in 4 mint leaves and lightly crush with the end of a rolling pin.
- Add three raspberries and twist of lemon zest, then spoon in crushed ice to just over half full.
- Pour in 75ml of cordial, top up with soda water and stir well.
- Perch a mint skewer with 2 or 3 raspberries and a lychee on top and enjoy!
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say