- 1 pint cream
- 200 ml milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 80 g caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pods
- 2 granny smith apples
- 1 tblsp sugar
- Peel and dice the apples and put in a small sauce pan with one tblsp of sugar cook with a lid on over a low heat until soft when soft mash with a fork or blend with a hand blender.
- Cut and scrape the seeds from the vanilla pod and add to the cream and milk in a pot and bring to the boil. When boiled remove from the heat.
- Whisk the egg yolks and the remaining sugar together really well then pour over the boiling liquid whisking whilst pouring.
- Put the mixture back into the pot and cook on the lowest setting stirring continuously until it thickens slightly.
- In each of your dishes spoon one spoon of apple compote in the bottom of each dish and pour over your crème brulee mixture.
- Cook in a ban marie at 150c until the surface wobbles like jelly. Remove from the oven and allow to cool down, just before serving sprinkle the top with light brown sugar and burn with your blow torch.