- 1 ripe mango
- rocket leaves
- 2 small shallots
- ½ fistful of mint and coriander leaves
- olive or rapeseed oil to shallow fry
- 200 g fillet of salmon
- for the dressing:
- 2 coriander roots (stems not leaves)
- 3cm ginger (sliced)
- ½ red chili (seeded and roughly chopped)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 soft brown sugar
- 30 ml lime juice
- 1 tblsp fish sauce
- For the dressing, use a pestle and mortar and pound the coriander roots, ginger, chillies and garlic, adding ingredients one at a time, in this order until you have a lovely paste. Add in the sugar, lime juice and fish sauce.
- Peel and slice the mango and arrange in a bowl with shallots and herbs.
- Heat a wok, with the bottom covered in oil over medium heat. Carefully add the salmon and fry, turning half way until crispy and brown.
- Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Flake the salmon into pieces and add to the salad with dressing and toss gently to combine.
- To Serve: With a glass of cold milk
What Does this Meal Provide? Milk - calcium Mango - vitamins and fibre Rocket - folate Salmon - iron and omega 3