- cold turkey and ham
- carrots/turnips/parsnips etc - fresh or cooked (if left over)
- onions & mushrooms
- chopped garlic
- 75 g butter
- 75 g flour
- 1 pint milk
- 90 ml cream
- 50 g grated parmesan
- crumble topping:
- 170 g breadcrumbs
- 75 g butter
- chopped parsley
- 30 g parmesan cheese
- 20 g flaked almonds
- Make up white sauce by melting the butter and adding in the flour to make up a paste or a roux.
- Cook this mixture for about 90 seconds just to take out the sharp taste of flour.
- With the aid of a whisk, slowly add the milk and continue to stir using a wooden spoon until the mixture thickens. Make sure that you take away all roux from around the sides of the saucepan.
- If desired you can pop in a little white wine and then add your ream to enrich the sauce. Grated parmesan can be added at this time as well.
- Cook the sauce slowly for about 5 minutes stirring at all times.
- Season the sauce to suits your own tastes and requirements
- Pan Fry 1/2 medium onion, 2 cloves of Garlic and about 8 mushrooms and add this to the sauce together with your chopped up meat and vegetables.
- Pour this mixture into a casserole dish or individual dishes and set aside.
- To Make Crumble:
- Melt butter slowly in a saucepan on a low heat. Add breadcrumbs, chopped parsley, flaked almonds and parmesan cheese to the saucepan and mix thoroughly.
- The mixture should resemble a relatively dry stuffing mixture.
- Spoon the savoury crumble mixture over the top of the chicken mixture.
- Bake at 180°C for 30 minutes until piping hot!
- Serve with a crisp green Salad.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say