Tasty duck with a crunchy vegetable stir-fry.
- 6 duck breasts
- 4 tblsp soy sauce
- 4 oranges, juice only
- selection of vegetables (mixed peppers, carrots, maungetout etc)
- 100 ml white wine
- egg noodles (6 portions)
- Preheat a medium frying pan.
- Preheat oven to 250°C (500°F/Gas 9).
- Rub the duck breast with salt and soy sauce.
- Prick the duck with a fork. Place the duck, skin side down, in the fry pan.
- Fry the duck over a high heat until the skin is golden. Remove the duck from the frying pan.
- Place the duck on a roasting rack, skin side up, and roast in the oven for ten minutes, or until slightly pink in the middle.
- Meanwhile stir fry off your vegetables and add some cooked egg noodles.
- Prepare an orange sauce by pouring the fat from the roast duck into a small pan.
- Add the orange juice and wine to the duck fat and boil rapidly until reduced.
- Place the roast duck on top of the noodle stir-fry.
- Pour over the orange sauce and serve
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Saturday Brunch: Crêpes Suzette with Strawberries
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: Just Add Milk!
- Strawberry and Banana Iced Lolly Pops