A healthy, satisfying snack.
- 150 g reduced-fat butter (i am going to try oil) plus extra for greasing
- 150 g ready-to-eat, soft (stoned dates)
- 3 tblsp apple juice
- 30 g toasted sunflower seeds (finely chopped)
- 100 g ready-to-eat dried apricots (finely chopped)
- 225 g porridge oats
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan170°C (gas 5). Grease and line a shallow 17.5cm-square tin with baking paper.
- Put the dates and apple juice in a food processor and whizz until smooth.
- Add the oil or butter to a large pan and heat slowly. Add the date purée and all the other ingredients. Stir well, then press into the tin with damp hands. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until just golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes. Cut into squares in the tin. Cool completely before turning out and cutting again to separate.