A brilliant all purpose blend loaded with pure flavour to rock your tastebuds!
- 2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp allspice
- 1 tsp kashmiri chilli flakes
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- ¼ tsp cassia
- 1 tsp pomegranate seeds (dried)
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 3 tsp light muscavado sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 14 chicken wings (cut into two so you get wings and wonderful little ‘drumettes’)
- Grind all the spices and pomegranate seeds in a pestle and mortar or electric grinder to a coarse powder.
- Pour the spices into a large mixing bowl, add the lemon zest, sugar and salt, then mix to combine all the flavours.
- Add your chicken wings and drumettes, mix around to coat all the chicken pieces thoroughly.
- Pop onto a high shelf on your BBQ and cook gently for 10mins one side, turn them over then cook for another 10mins*
- Pile high on a handy serving platter, drizzle with Green Saffron’s “Pukka Party Sauce” and serve immediately with paper serviettes at the ready!
- *You could alternatively pop them onto a solid baking tray and into an oven set at 230° or gas mark 8 for 30mins, turning only once. A handy tip for you, given our unpredictable weather!
Arun's Tip: Cut off the tips, but don’t discard them. Why not keep them in the freezer (in a freezer bag) for the next time you make a chicken stock?
More by Arun Kapil:
- One week 'til Pancake Tuesday: Traditional Pancake
- Baked Smoked Haddock Vegetable Kedgeree: Today
- Poached Supreme, Roast Roots, Clementine and Cardamom