Make use of leftover roast chicken with this hearty soup recipe.
- roast chicken meat approx 6oz
- brocolli stalks x 3
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1-2 tsp of green thai curry paste
- 4 medium sized potatoes
- 2 carrots (or any left over vegetables)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 3 pint chicken stock
- Brocolli can be a delicious vegetable and would be a lovely match with my roast chicken, however when paying by weight it is a shame and costly to throw away the stalk, in this recipe we use up the remaining meat from a roast chicken carcass, the brocolli stalks and any roast vegetables that were under the chicken that are left over!
- The chicken stock may have been prepared from the carcass and any vegetable trimmings from the leek, carrot and onion, alternatively use a cube.
- Sweat off the onion and garlic in a saucepan.
- Add the chopped broccoli stalks and carrots and cook for a further 2-3minutes.
- Now add the coconut milk and green Thai curry paste, reduce for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and stock, boil for 22-25 minutes until tender.
- Whilst cooking shred the chicken meat into nice little strips.
- Blitz with a stick blender, correct consistency and season to taste.
- Add the chicken meat to the soup and reheat thoroughly.
- Taste and serve!
More by Phelim Byrne:
- Marinated Roast Pork Fillet in Chilli and Ginger
- Handmade decadent assorted Chocolate Truffles
- Herbed Sardine Humus with Fresh Tomato Bruschetta