Richie Wilson's tasty nourishing lunch
- for the soup base:
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 100 g peanut butter
- 4 tblsp fish sauce
- 2 tblsp lime juice
- 2 tsp red curry paste
- 4 lime leaves
- 2 stick lemon grass
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 piece galangal/ginger
- 1drizzle sesame oil
- for the noodles:
- 150 g rice noodle (2-3 portions)
- 50g finely chopped corriander
- finely sliced chili
- 1 bunch chopped spring onion
- add pre cooked:
- chicken, fish or meat (finely chopped)
- Depending on whether you prefer your curries hot or medium you should vary the quantity of Curry paste in the recipe accordingly.
- Begin by heating a wok with the sesame oil. Add the crushed and chopped lemon grass, lime leaves, galangal and curry paste. Turn over the heat until the paste becomes soft. Add the chicken stock and coconut milk. Bring to the boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add the peanut, lime juice and fish sauce. Simmer for a further minute and check the seasoning.
- Remove from the heat and chill. Pour this into suitable containers and it can be frozen in portion size blocks. For the noodle salad simply place the noodles into boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Strain immediately and place under running water.
- Place in a bowl and drizzle with a little sesame oil. Add the chopped coriander, chili, spring onion and some shredded pre cooked meat or fish.
- Any fish or meat would do here, a little of the left over roast chicken is perfect or some flaked salmon from yesterdays dinner, even some finely chopped meat from the Sunday roast!
- Before heading off to work, boil the soup and pour it into a flask. Place the noodle salad into a lunch box ensuring it is big enough to take the soup when added. When lunch time arrives simply pour the soup over the noodle mix for a hearty warm lunch!
More by Richie Wilson:
- Barbequed Leg Of Lamb with Rosemary Marinade and Granny's Potatoes with Summer Salad
- Burger and Chips
- Hot Chocolate Fondant - Lemon And White Chocolate Mini Eggs In Orange Caramel Sauce