Brussels sprouts with a new twist.
- 1 bag of brussels sprouts
- 110 g bacon lardons (preferably smoked)
- 50 g butter
- 75 g flaked almonds
- Trim Brussels sprout taking off the rough outer leaves.
- Make a cross with a sharp knife in the bottom of each.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and add the sprouts.
- Boil for 6-8 minutes until soft and tender.
- Strain off the water.
- Meanwhile in a large pan or wok melt the butter and quickly fry the bacon lardoons until cooked sufficiently. Add the sprouts and toss around in the pan making sure that they are well coated and piping hot.
- Season with a little salt and pepper and then scatter in the almonds and toast them up on the pan.
- Serve immediately.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Indulgent Chocolate Fondants: Kevin Dundon, Today
- Roasted Lamb Noisette, warmed tomato, pale ale
- Salmon Fillet, Chili Pesto: Today, Kevin Dundon