Are you getting tempted to make chips?
- 1 medium onion (peeled and cut in half)
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- few sprigs rosemary and thyme
- 1 tblsp balsamic vinegar
- 200 ml sour cream
- Place the onion in a piece of tin foil.
- Drizzle with the oil, season and scatter over the herbs and balsamic.
- Bake in a 200°C oven until soft (about 40 minutes).
- Cool and blend with the sour cream. Check seasoning.
- Add chopped chives or parsley if you wish.
More by Paula McIntyre:
- Pizza Bianco with grilled chicken, scallions and fontina cheese with roast tomato dressing
- Ginger Cake with Orange Praline Frosting and Plums Roasted with Orange Liqueur
- Sweet Potato Pies with Goat's Cheese