A simple dish which can be jazzed up in a million different ways
- 3 large free range eggs
- 2 tblsp pouring cream
- 1 tsp freshly chopped parsley
- ½ onion (diced)
- 50 g grated cheddar cheese
- In a mixing bowl whisk the three eggs in a bowl with the chopped parsley and a little salt and pepper.
- Heat a pan with a little oil or butter on the pan and cook the onion until it is golden brown and then add in the whisked up eggs and cream.
- Cook them over a high heat whisking continuously until the mixture begins to set slightly.
- Leave it to set for a moment, spread with a portion of the cheese and then fold the omelette over in half and sprinkle with the remainder of the cheese.
- Pop it under a preheated grill for 30 seconds to melt the cheese and then serve immediately