A great dish for mushroom lovers.
- 2 large portobello mushrooms (wiped clean, stalks removed)
- handful of rocket leaves
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 2x 6" pieces of focaccia bread
- italian herb marinade (see below)
- for the marinade:
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 50 ml balsamic vinegar
- fresh rosemary
- good pinch of dried italian herbs
- very small pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 1 sprig fresh parsley
- pinch sea salt
- pinch coarse black pepper
- For the marinade:
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend.
- For the sandwiches:
- Place the mushrooms in the marinade for 20 mins. Grill the mushrooms on the barbeque for 5 minutes on each side. Half the pieces of focaccia. Place the mushroom on 1 side. Top with some rocket, then some red onion, sprinkle with some vinaigrette. Place second piece of focaccia on top and enjoy.
More by Lorraine Fitzmaurice:
- Red Cabbage, Apple: St Patrick's Day Alternative
- Vegetable and Tofu Kebabs with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Muffuletta Sandwich