What could be better than freshly baked cookies?
- 175 g softened butter
- 175 g light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 350 g plain flour
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 110 g mixed chocolate chips
- 110 g mixed nuts (pistachio, walnuts, shelled hazelnuts, pine nuts etc)
- Cream the butter and sugar with the vanilla extract for 4-5 minutes in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and beat for a few minutes.
- Sieve the flour with the baking powder and the salt.
- In a separate bowl add the mixed nuts and the chocolate chips.
- Add the sifted flour mixture to the butter and egg mixture and beat slowly until the mixture comes together.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mixed nuts and beat until combined.
- Break some of the dough into small balls and place on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes in a preheated oven 180°C (350°F/Gas Mark 4).
- Allow to cool down and serve.
- This mixture freezes quite successfully:
- To freeze, roll it into long thick coils and then you can cut the mixture easier.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Saturday Brunch: Crêpes Suzette with Strawberries
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: Just Add Milk!
- Strawberry and Banana Iced Lolly Pops