A luxurious combination of fine ingredients.
- 300 g smoked salmon
- 1 small tab fromage blanc (creamed cheese)
- 1 sprig dill, chervil, chives, tarragon
- 1 lemon
- 50 g avruga caviar
- 125 g mashed potato
- 60 g flour
- 1 pinch baking powder
- 8 g yeast
- 125 ml milk
- 1 egg (separated)
- Chop all the herbs and mix with creamed cheese, season and wrap in a jay cloth and allow to hang overnight remove any excess liquid.
- For the blinis, warm the milk and add the yeast. When dissolved mix in the remaining ingredients reserving the egg white.
- Leave the mix ferment for 30 min and then fold in whisked egg white.
- Cook in a non-stick frying pan for 1 minute - as if you were cooking pancakes.
- Serve with smoked salmon on top with cream cheese and caviar.
More by Oliver Dunne:
- Who are ya' Coddle-in'? St Patrick('s Day dins)
- Ardsallagh Goat's Cheese and Beetroot Compote
- Pan Fried Plaice with Peas, Horseradish and Smoked Bacon