Dominic Mafham serves up delicious biscuits with ricotta cream.
- 225 g flour
- 55 g cornflour
- 55 g sugar
- 225 g unsalted butter (cubed)
- 150 g raspberries
- for the ricotta cream:
- 200 g ricotta cheese
- 115 ml cream (whipped)
- ½ vanilla pod (seeds only)
- 25 g sugar
- ½ lemon zest
- for the compote:
- 225 g blueberries
- 55 g sugar
- 110 ml kirsch
- Pre-heat the oven to 150°C/Gas 3.
- First sieve the flour and cornflour into a bowl along with the sugar. Add the butter and using your hands mix the ingredients together until they form a soft paste. Roll the dough out on a floured surface and cut into biscuits and place these on a baking tray that has been lined with baking parchment. Put in the fridge for one hour and then bake in the pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Next make the ricotta cream by beating the ricotta, cream, vanilla, sugar and lemon zest together until smooth. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
- To make the compote, place the blueberries, sugar and Kirsch in a saucepan and bring to just under a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook gently for 5-10 minutes.
- To serve place a shortbread biscuit on a serving dish and pipe some ricotta cream on top and garnish with some fresh raspberries. Put another biscuit on top of the cream and repeat process. Drizzle some blueberries and compote around the shortbread.
More by Dominic Mafham:
- Grilled lamb kebabs with fresh tomato sauce on cous cous
- Turbot with a shallot confit and cod brandade
- Chocolate Brioche Bread and Butter Pudding