The combination of the sweet fruit works wonderfully with the delicious creamy flavour of the cheese.
- 4 large peaches
- 25 g butter
- 110 g gorgonzola cheese
- mixed lettuce leaves
- 150 ml honey
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- juice of half a lemon
- Half the peaches and remove the stone.
- In a large frying pan melt the butter until bubbling and add the halved (or quartered) or quartered peaches to the pan and allow them to become coated in the butter. Cook gently for two minutes until just beginning to soften.
- Put the honey into the pan with the peaches together with the lemon juice and the thyme.
- Bring the mixture to the boil for approximately 1-2 minutes until the peaches are fully caramelised-which will happen because of the honey reduiction and then remove the pot and allow the mixture to cool down for a moment or two.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves in a large bowl. Top with a crumbled gorgonzola cheese and neatly arrange a roasted peach on top.
- Drizzle with the thyme infused honey left in the pan.