Delicious whatever the season.
- 375 g couscous
- a big bunch of rocket
- 110 g dried apricots (chopped roughly)
- 2 tblsp flaked almonds
- 50 g knocklara cheese
- Place the couscous in a large bowl and pour over 500ml of boiling water (or chicken stock if you have it), place a plate on top of the bowl to act as a lid - this will steam the couscous.
- Leave for 10 minutes - when all the liquid has been absorbed add some olive oil and break the grains up with a fork and leave to cool.
- Heat a frying pan on low heat and add the almonds tossing all the time as they burn quite easily - you want a light brown shade.
- Then fold in the almonds, rocket, apricots, and Knocklara into the couscous.
More by Richard Corrigan:
- Butter Poached Smoked Haddock with a German Potato Salad
- Roasted Corn on the Cob
- Rump Burger with Foccacia Bread and Chunky Chips