A low-calorie alternative that's just as delicious!
- 2 medium sized wholemeal pita breads
- 100 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 tblsp tomato puree
- 100 g kidney beans
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- 1 large chilli sliced
- 1 sliced red onion
- 1 chopped yellow or red pepper
- 50 g grated edam or low fat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Slice the medium pita pockets down the middle and open them up. Place them on a baking tray.
- Mix the tinned chopped tomatoes, kidney beans, chilli sauce, peppers and tomato puree together in a bowl. Then spread the mixture evenly onto the pita breads.
- Top each pizza with the onion, sliced chilli and cheese and cook in the oven (180°C fan/220°C) for 10-15 minutes, until cheese has melted.
- Serve with a green salad.