A French classic that's all about texture.
- for the brulée:
- 500 g greek style yoghurt
- 100 g milk
- 4 egg yolk
- 75g caster sugar
- finely grated orange and lemon zest
- for the marinated berries:
- 500 g fresh summer berries
- 200 gstrawberry puree
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 40 g caster sugar
- 50 g water
- 1 tsp szechwan pepper
- 1 small bunch of mint (washed and sliced)
- For the Brulée:
- Combine all ingredients carefully with a wooden spoon. Fill above into ramekins or soup bowls and cover each dish with cling film.
- Place above in a shallow dish with hot water and place dish in preheated oven (140°C).
- Cook for about 60 minutes until fully set
- Cover each crème brulée with brown sugar and caramelize gently with torch or under grill.
- Serve immediately (with berries on top).
- For the Summer Berries:
- Wash and clean berries, cut if required.
- Boil the puree with lemon juice, peppers, sugar and water. Mix in a blender and allow to cool.
- Marinate berries in puree with cut mint for at least 30 minutes.
- Place marinated berries in a Brandy Snap basket or similar and place on top of Crème Brulle
- Serve with a strawberry sorbet (Optional)
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Fragrant Chicken Curry with Basmati Rice
- Fish and Chips with Minted Peas: Kevin Dundon
- Fiery Fajitas with Salsa: Kevin Dundon