A wonderful starter!
- 450 ml cream
- 1 egg plus two egg yolks
- 150 g picked white crab meat
- 25 g drained chopped pickled ginger
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and crushed)
- salt and pepper
- 50 g grated parmesan
- Mix all the ingredients together and allow the flavours to infuse for 15 to 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 160°C/ gas 3.5.
- Ladle the mixture into the ramekins. Prepare a bain marie by filling a roasting tray with water and warming it on the stove. Place the ramekins in the bain marie. The water should come half way up the sides of the ramekins. Place the bain marie in the oven and check after 40 minutes.
- They could take as much as 15 minutes longer. When cooked through, the mixture should wobble just a little in the centre. Remove from the bain marie and allow to cool.
- These should be served not quite chilled but definitely at room temperature. When ready to serve, sprinkle a very think layer parmesan on top of each ramekin and brown under the grill.
- Serve with some melba toast, a wedge of lemon and pickled cucumber.
More by Paul Flynn:
- Lunch all Wrapped Up: Fresh Mackerel Wraps
- Pan Fried Monkfish, Creamy Brandade: Today show
- Bacon, onion, potato and sour cream tart/pizza