A lovely veal dish from MasterChef.
- 250 g fillet of rose veal
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 50 ml rapeseed oil
- 1 raw egg yolk
- a few drops of lemon juice
- lemon zest
- 4-6 caper berries
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 hard boiled egg (yellow only)
- 20 g canned tuna in oil (drained)
- salt and pepper
- 2 quail eggs
- truffle oil
- salad leaves with walnut oil and balsamic vinegar dressing
- tomberry tomatoes (red and yellow)
- caper berries to decorate
- Season and pan sear the veal fillet on induction hob and transfer to oven at 170oC for 10-12 minutes.
- Whisk egg yolk and emulsify with oils drop by drop. Add a few drops of lemon juice and lemon zest. Chop tuna, capers, hard boiled egg yolk and anchovy fillets and add to mayonnaise. Season.
- Boil quails egg for 2 minutes and transfer to a bowl of iced water, peel and cut in half, season and add a few drops of truffle oil.
- Dress salad leaves with dressing made of walnut oil and balsamic vinegar. Chop tomberry tomatoes. Arrange everything on serving plate.
By Mandy Scott for MasterChef Ireland