This is a great recipe if you have leftover rice and veggies
- cooked rice, enough to serve 6 people
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- a selection of vegetables (thinly sliced, eg. carrot, courgette, mushroom, peppers, brocolli)
- a few scallions
- fresh ginger
- soya sauce
- sesame oil
- 2 free range eggs (optional)
- cubed or cooked beans
- If using carrot, cauliflower or broccoli, cut into small pieces and place in a pot with a small amount of water, place a lid on top a cook for 3 minutes until al dente.
- Set aside. Cube the tofu, place on a plate and marinate with a little soya sauce.
- If using egg, place a teaspoon of butter into a warm pan. Beat the eggs with a pinch of salt and when the butter has melted pour into the pan. Spread out. Allow to cook until set. Flip over to set the other side. Slide onto a plate.
More by Lorraine Fitzmaurice:
- Red Cabbage, Apple: St Patrick's Day Alternative
- Vegetable and Tofu Kebabs with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Muffuletta Sandwich