- 200 g dark or milk chocolate (good quality only)
- 150 g caster sugar
- 1 floz water
- 4 floz double cream
- 20 hazelnuts (roasted and skinned)
- 20 foil sweet/petite four cases
- Melt the chocolate and remove from the heat.
- Spoon into 20 foil cases, spread evenly up the sides with a small spoon or brush.
- Place on baking tray and leave in a cool place until the chocolate has set.
- Place the sugar and water in a heavy based saucepan on a moderate heat and allow to cook until the mixture begins to turn a caramel colour.
- Carefully pour the cream into the sugar mixture. Take great care doing this as the mixture is extremely hot and may spit.
- Take off the heat and whisk until smooth and pour into a bowl and allow to cool completely.
- Spoon half a tablespoon into the base of all the foil cases.
- Place a hazelnut in the centre of the caramel and then spoon enough caramel over the hazelnut to cover.
- Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Remove the chocolates from the freezer and spoon the remaining chocolate over the caramel and decorate with drizzled chocolate and gold dust (optional).
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say