- 4 thick slices aubergine
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 400 g can whole, peeled tomatoes (drained and quartered)
- 2 tblsp salted capers (rinsed)
- 55 ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 2 tblsp brown sugar
- a handful of basil leaves
- black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C (400°F/Gas 6).
- Place the aubergine in the bottom of a baking dish and top each slice with a chicken fillet.
- Combine the tomatoes, capers, balsamic vinegar, oil and sugar and spread over the chicken fillets.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with the basil leaves and cracked pepper and serve with a rocket salad.