- 175 g good quality chocolate
- 75 ml water
- 15 g butter
- 1-2 tablespoons rum or brandy, or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 organic or free-range eggs
- chocolate shavings, to sprinkle
- 5 fl. oz cream (whipped, to serve)
- Break up the chocolate and put the chocolate and water in a stainless steel saucepan over a low heat and let melt to a thick cream.
- Take off the heat and allow the mixture to cool for a minute or two, then add the butter.
- Separate the eggs.
- Add the rum or vanilla extract to taste and then one egg yolk at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Whisk the whites stiffly and fold gently but briskly into the chocolate.
- When mixed, pour into small pots and leave in the fridge overnight.
- Just before serving the following day put a tiny blob of whipped cream on the top of the chocolate and maybe some chocolate shavings.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say