- 1 chicken (quartered and skinned)
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 large red pepper (sliced thickly)
- finely grated rind and juice of 1 orange
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 400 g tinned tomatoes (chopped)
- 150 g sun-dried tomatoes (sliced thinly)
- 1 tblsp chopped fresh thyme
- 100 g black olives (pitted)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and brown the chicken quarters all over, before transferring to a flameproof casserole.
- Fry the onion, garlic and pepper in the pan for a few minutes before adding to the casserole.
- Add the orange peel and juice, stock and both types of tomatoes and stir.
- Bring to the boil slowly, put the lid on, and simmer gently for 1 hour.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the olives and fresh thyme, and serve.