- 3 egg yolks
- 375 ml milk
- 250 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 tblsp oil
- 3 egg whites
- When preparing this batter, try to ensure that all the ingredients are at room temperature.
- Mix the egg yolks and the milk together.
- Add the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt and mix well.
- Add the oil and stir until combined.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, and fold into the batter mixture with a metal spoon.
- Lightly grease a griddle, or heavy based omelette pan, and heat to a hot, even temperature.
- Pour on enough batter to for the required size of waffle, and cook for about one and a half minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Maple syrup is ideal with these.