A lovely healthy salad, served hot, warm or cold and very simply made.
- 300 g green beans
- handful hazelnuts, almonds and/or pine nuts
- 100 g black olives
- handful of capers
- lemon juice
- olive oil
- Boil the green beans, but just for a few minutes to keep them nice and crunchy and while they are boiling, look after the rest of the ingredients.
- First break up the hazelnuts by putting them in a bag and breaking them with a rolling pin or similar heavy object.
- Do the same for the almonds and throw them into a bowl with a few pine nuts.
- Then add the capers and chop the olives roughly before adding them to the bowl.
- Drain off the beans and add them to the bowl with olive oil, pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- There you are, a lovely healthy salad, served hot, warm or cold and very simply made.
More by Trish Deseine:
- Black Pudding & Apple Tart: Trish Deseine, Today
- Recipe: Trish Deseine, Durrus Tartiflette, Today
- Moroccan Lamb