A delicious cake that is also a great way of using up unwanted bananas!
- 425 g plain flour
- 200 g caster sugar
- 1 tblsp baking powder
- 300 g bananas (over ripe)
- 3 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 8 floz sunflower oil
- 10 floz milk
- 100 g pecan nuts (chopped)
- 200 g cream cheese
- 100 g unsalted butter (softened)
- 150 g icing sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract.
- Sieve flour, sugar and baking power into a lager bowl. Mash bananas, then add them and all remaining ingredients to the mixture.
- Gently stir everything together. Line two 10 inch tins with baking parchment. Divide mix evenly between the tins.
- Place in a preheated oven 180°C for 20-25 mins. Allow to cool in the tins.
- To make the frosting: Beat all ingredients together until light and fluffy. Spread frosting between the two layers of the cake. And decorate with toasted pecan nuts.
More by Louise Lennox:
- Hot Cross Buns time
- Something for the weekend: Irish Breakfast Scones
- Valentine's Day Choc Fudge Lollies: Louise Lennox