Derry Clarke shows just how easy this tasty treat is to make
- for the chocolate tartlette:
- 120 g unsalted butter
- 50 g castor sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 150 g plain flour (sieved together with 50g cocoa)
- chocolate tart filling:
- 200 ml cream
- 175 g chocolate 71% (melted)
- 40 g butter
- For chocolate tart pastry:
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Then add egg yolks before mixing in the flour and cocoa.
- Grease 1 X 28cm spring form tin or 6 X 10 cm spring form tins and line tins with rolled out pastry before allowing to rest in the fridge.
- Pre heat oven to 150°C/300°F and bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes before allowing to cool.
- For the chocolate tart filling:
- In a large saucepan, bring the butter and cream to the boil. Then pour over the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the chocolate pastry shell then cool, transfer to fridge and allow to set.