Serve with grilled bread with some seaweed and lime butter.
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 fennel (diced)
- 1 clove garlic
- 25 g butter
- 25 ml olive oil
- ½ bottle of white wine
- 1 l chicken stock
- 500 ml cream
- pinch of saffron
- peel of half an orange
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 fresh hake fillets
- 10 fresh mussels
- 4 fresh dublin bay prawns
- 1 inch of fresh ginger
- salt and pepper
- Sweat the onions, garlic, fennel and ginger in the butter with a drizzle of olive oil.
- When completely softened add the white wine and reduce a little.
- Add the chicken stock and cream.
- Add the orange peel, rosemary and saffron.
- Allow to simmer for 10 minutes to infuse.
- Taste and season for correct flavour, i.e. add more rosemary or remove as per your taste.
- When the stock tastes good, add the fish and cook for 8 to 10 minutes on a gentle heat until fish is just cooked.
- Serve with grilled bread with some seaweed and lime butter.
More by Paul Flynn:
- Today:Paul Flynn's Pork chops with bacon & cabbage
- Today: Paul Flynn's Lunchbox Ideas for Kids
- Today: Paul Flynn's Lamb Gigot Chops