This pudding is low in fat but high in flavour!
- 700 g soft fruits, (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries)
- zest and juice of 1/2 orange and 1/2 lemon, 2 boxes raspberries
- 25 g caster sugar
- 150 ml low fat yoghurt
- 150 ml fromage frais
- 1 tsp rose water
- 25 g demerara sugar
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- mint leaves and redcurrants
- For the berries:
- Only wash the berries if really necessary as this causes them to weep and lose colour. Halve any of the bigger strawberries.
- Place the berries in a large bowl and sprinkle with the zest and juice of the orange and lemon and with the caster sugar. If the berries are sweet and ripe you may not need the sugar to sweeten the fruit. Mix well and leave to sit for 30 minutes to allow the flavours to combine.
- For the burnt toffee crisp:
- In a large bowl mix the low-fat yoghurt and fromage frais. Add the rose water and mix again.
- Place the berries in a shallow ovenproof dish and cover with the yoghurt mixture. Ensure that the cream reaches the edges of the dish so that the fruit is sealed underneath.
- Sprinkle with demerara sugar and icing sugar and leave for at least one hour. Sprinkle a dessert spoon of water just before browning as this helps melt the sugar and speeds up the carmelising process.
- When you are almost ready to eat, place the fruits under a very hot pre-heated grill for 2 or 3 minutes until the top is golden brown, toffee like and crusted.
- Alternatively use a cook's blow torch to create the toffee and garnish with mint and redcurrants.