Far easier to make than you might imagine!
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 1 large crab
- 150 g jerusalem artichokes (peeled and cut into 1cm (1/2 in slices)
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 lemon (juice)
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the crab for 15 minutes.
- Remove and refresh in iced water.
- Crack the shells open and remove the brown and white crab meat (use the shells and juice for stock of course).
- Meanwhile, bring a small pan of salted water to the boil and add the butter, lemon juice and thyme.
- Cook the Jerusalem artichokes for 5-6 minutes to a soft bite. Drain well.
More by Richard Corrigan:
- Butter Poached Smoked Haddock with a German Potato Salad
- Roasted Corn on the Cob
- Rump Burger with Foccacia Bread and Chunky Chips