An ideal dish when you want to prepare in advance. It combines pork and dried or fresh fruit. The hint of cinnamon brings out the best of the flavours.
- 1 dsp olive oil
- 900 g pork cubed
- 225 g baby onions
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 400 g tin of cherry tomatoes
- 1 l vegetable low sodium stock cube
- 50 g cashew nuts
- 25 g almonds
- 150 g juicy dried apricots
- additionally add in some saffron threads to give it a lovely red colour
- This is an ideal dish when you want to prepare in advance. It combines pork and dried or fresh fruit. The hint of cinnamon brings out the best of the flavours.
- Heat the oil in the casserole pot and add the meat.
- Cook over a high heat for 6-7minutes until the meat is browned. Cook in batches so you over cook the pork - you only want to brown it.
- Add in your baby onions, paprika and garlic and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Then add cinnamon, saffron if you like, apricots, cherry tinned tomatoes and your stock.
- Place a lid on top and pop into your oven at 180 degrees (gas mark 5) for about one hour.
- Add the nuts to the casserole and pop into oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve with brown, basmati or wild rice.