A delicious and healthy pizza from Dr Eva Orsmond.
- tomato sauce:
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 50 g (½) onion
- ½ beef stock cube
- black pepper
- pizza dough:
- 1/3 of regular baking yeast sachets (approx 5ml or less than a tsp)
- 70 g white flour
- 50 ml lukewarm water
- 5 ml olive oil
- 10 cloves garlic
- 100 g (1 small) red pepper
- 1 tomato
- 100 g feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 200ºC. Spray an oven dish with oil. Slice red pepper, cut tomato in quarters and break garlic to obtain 10 cloves. Grill at 200ºC for 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the pizza dough. Mix lukewarm water, yeast and olive oil in a bowl. Add flour and mix to create a round ball. Let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Next prepare the tomato sauce. Peel and chop onion. Heat oil in a saucepan or a wok. Gently fry the onion first, and then add the can of tomatoes and seasoning. Leave to simmer to evaporate extra water and to create a thick sauce.
- Sprinkle a table surface with flour. Use a rolling pin to create a round pizza out of the dough.
- Place a baking paper sheet on an oven tray. Cover pizza first with sauce, then with the grilled pepper/tomato and garlic.
- Break feta cheese with fork and place on the top of it together with garlic cloves.
- Cook in oven for 13-15 minutes until dough is cooked.