You can makes tremendous pizza at home with the help of this recipe!
- 1 buffalo mozzarella
- 100 g new potatoes
- 1 small chorizo sausage
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 10 g fresh basil
- 125 ml crème fraiche
- 1 small shallot
- olive oil
- pizza base/ pita bread
- To make the tomato base finely slice the shallot and the garlic and fry in a little olive oil until soft.
- Add your tin of tomatoes and oregano and bring to the boil for 2 mins. To reduce some of the excess water, season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper and leave to one side.
- Slice the potatoes into discs around 3-4mm thick and put into boiling salted water for 5 mins until cooked. Spread the tomato sauce over your base/pita.
- Cut small discs of Chorizo and arrange on the top with your sliced potato discs leaving a space between each one.
- Break the mozzarella up and put it between the gaps.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 220°C for 10 mins.
- Just before removing, add the fresh basil leaves and place a generous spoonful of crème Fraiche into the centre.
More by Oliver Dunne:
- Crêpe Souffle with Chocolate & Cranberry
- Who are ya' Coddle-in'? St Patrick('s Day dins)
- Ardsallagh Goat's Cheese and Beetroot Compote