For best results, allow mixture to infuse overnight.
- 400 ml cream
- 0.5 garlic clove
- 1 tsp chopped pickled ginger
- grated nutmeg
- 150 g fresh crab meat
- 1 whole egg
- 3 egg yolks
- Place the cream in a tall container with the garlic, pickled ginger, nutmeg and eggs.
- Blitz with a hand blender.
- Taste and season.
- Add the picked crab meat, ensuring there is no shell, and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Allow to sit for at least 30 minutes or ideally overnight to infuse.
- Taste again and season as necessary.
- Pour into ramekins and cook at 100°C for 45 to 60 minutes or until just set. The mixture should have a slightly wobbly consistency.
More by Paul Flynn:
- Today: Paul Flynn's Lamb Gigot Chops
- Lunch all Wrapped Up: Fresh Mackerel Wraps
- Pan Fried Monkfish, Creamy Brandade: Today show