A warming appetiser.
- 2 medium skinless chicken breast (sliced thin)
- 50 g diced smoked bacon (streaky)
- 50 g chopped red onion
- 25 g diced red pepper
- salt and pepper
- knob of butter
- 4 tblsp fresh cream
- 25 g freshly chopped parsley
- 200 g mixed salad leaves
- 8 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 50 g sliced red onion
- 50 g sliced red pepper
- 50 g chopped cucumber
- 80 ml water
- 2 tblsp rice vinegar
- 1 tblsp tomato puree
- 1 tblsp chopped fresh chilli (red)
- 4 tblsp caster sugar
- Place the ingredients for the dressing into a small pot a simmer gently until the liquid thickens, about 5 mins or until the liquid covers the back of a spoon. Leave to cool.
- Wash and mix the salad ingredients in a bowl and leave to the side.
- Heat up a pan and when hot place the knob of butter in along with the chicken pieces, diced bacon and cook gently for 6-8 mins over a gentle heat.
- Add the onion/red pepper/cream and cook until the chicken is cooked through and the cream has thickened. Add salt and pepper to own choice.
- Split the salad mix into 4 bowls/plates and then divide the cooked chicken equally between them.
- Drizzle the cooled dressing over the warm salad and dress with freshly chopped parsley and serve.
More by Jonathan McKee:
- Fillet of Brill served with Caramelised Vegetables on a Fresh Orange & Lime Jus
- Bananas in a Caramel Cream Sauce