Here are some ideas for decorating desserts.
- Half fill a piping bag with melted chocolate and use it draw designs and squiggles onto greaseproof paper.
- Mesh circles or triangles look very effective and transform any dessert into a major masterpiece!!
- You could use white, milk, dark chocolate or a combination of all three.
- To make chocolate cups you can brush layers of melted chocolate on to paper bun cases.
- Build up a thick coating by allowing each layer to dry before applying the next.
- When the chocolate has set peel off the paper case gently.
- You can fill the chocolate cups with ice-cream or mousse and decorate them with a chocolate mesh triangle.
- Strawberries, cherries or grapes, are delicious dipped in chocolate.
- Just half coating the fruit and allow to set on greaseproof paper.
- To make chocolate boxes: pour melted chocolate onto greaseproof paper, fairly thickly and leave to set.
- Cut squares from the chocolate sheet, use five squares to make an open box and paint the joins with melted chocolate.
- Then chill before filling with fruit, mousse or ice-cream.