Salmon is very high in protein and omega 3 acids as well as Vitamin D.
- 6 fillets salmon (approx 6oz/175 g per person)
- 4 tblsp mixed fresh herbs: parsley, coriander, lemon thyme, fresh sage, chives, mint, dill, fennel
- 1 tblsp capers
- 1 lime (juice)
- 1 lime (zest)
- 175 ml oil
- 1 bunch chopped spring onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- Preheat the barbecue to medium heat.
- In a large bowl mix together the chopped fresh herbs, with the spring onions and the chopped garlic.
- Add in the capers, lime juice and zest and mix well.
- Pour in the oil, whisking well and then add in a little salt and pepper
- If you wish you can remove the skin from the salmon but you can leave it on.
- At this stage, pop the salmon into the marinade and leave to marinade for at least 1 hour.
- As this marinade is not full of strong and excessive flavours it is fine to leave it to marinade overnight.
- Put the marinated salmon on the barbecue and cook for approximately 5 minutes on each side. Do not leave it on a part of the barbecue which is too hot or severe and likewise when it is on the barbecue aim to turn it only once so as not to break up the fish.
- Serve the salmon with some salad leaves or it can be quite nice served with some boiled rice or baked potatoes.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Saturday Brunch: Crêpes Suzette with Strawberries
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: Just Add Milk!
- Strawberry and Banana Iced Lolly Pops