This delicious tart is best served warm with a spoonful of lightly whipped cream or vanilla ice-cream
- 180 g butter
- 75 g icing sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 225 g plain flour
- 100 g soft butter
- 150 g sugar
- 100 g amaretto biscuits
- 200 g ground almonds
- 4 egg yolks
- 16 plums (approx., cut in half, stones removed, sliced)
- To make the pastry:
- In a processor, mix the butter, icing sugar and egg together. Add in the flour. Gather up the pastry and chill for an hour.
- To make the filling:
- Also in a processor, mix the butter, sugar, biscuits, ground almonds and egg yolks.
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 4, 180°C (350°F). Roll out the pastry to line a 28cm diameter x 3cm deep tart tin. Chill for 10 minutes.
- Pour in filling mixture. Place the plum slices on top and sprinkle with extra tablespoon of sugar. Bake for 45-50 minutes until completely set and nicely browned.
More by Bord Bia:
- Traditional Bacon and Cabbage with Mustard Sauce
- Risotto with Hake and Basil
- Haddock with Pasta and Broccoli