A tangy and flavoursome way to prepare sea bass.
- 4 fillets sea bass
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 200 g pak choi
- 200 g baby carrots
- 200 g baby fennel
- for the vinaigrette
- 4 oranges (segmented)
- 2 lemons (segmented)
- 2 limes (segmented)
- 2 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- for the wild rice
- 250 g wild rice
- 1 tblsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- ½ lime (juice only)
- salt and black pepper
- Cook the wild rice for 10-15 minutes until the grains are tender, then strain and stir in some chopped flat leaf parsley and lime juice.
- Make the dressing by placing the orange, lemon and lime segments in a dish with the olive oil.
- Stir gently and season, taking care not to break up the segments.
- Blanch the vegetables in boiling water untill tender, strain and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Heat the oil in a frying-pan and place the fish on it skin side down.
- Cook for 2-3 mins and then turn over and continue to cook for another 2 minutes, keep warm.
- Place the rice in the centre of the plate and put the fish on top.
- Garnish with the baby vegetables and drizzle the dressing around using some of the citrus segments.
More by Pamela Flood:
- Chicken with Herb Cous Cous and Roasted Vegetables
- Organic Smoked Salmon with Salmon Mousse
- Dark Chocolate Box with White Chocolate Mousse