This unusual salad balances the goat's cheese and beetroot flavours to perfection.
- 200 g goats cheese
- 4 large beetroots (roasted in their skins and peeled)
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 20 g pine nuts
- 100 g rocket leaves
- for the vinaigrette
- 2 tblsp white wine vinegar
- 6 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (Gas 4).
- Wash the beets, dry on kitchen roll and lightly brush with oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and place on a baking tray and roast in the oven for about 45 minutes or until just tender.
- Set aside and leave to cool.
- Toast the pine nuts on a large baking tray for 3-4 minutes until brown.
- Trim and peel the cooled beets and slice three of them very thinly and dice the remaining one.
- Make the vinaigrette, by whisking the vinegar, olive oil and seasoning until thick and lastly, break the goat’s cheese into rough, small chunks.
- Place the diced beetroot in a bowl with the rocket, pine nuts and crumbled goat’s cheese.
- Place a circle of thinly sliced beetroot on the plate and place a mound of mixed salad on top.
- Drizzle everthing with the vinaigrette and serve.
More by Pamela Flood:
- Chicken with Herb Cous Cous and Roasted Vegetables
- Organic Smoked Salmon with Salmon Mousse
- Dark Chocolate Box with White Chocolate Mousse