Quick, easy and healthy.
- 1 bag of spinach
- olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 9 eggs
- splash of milk
- 100 g parmesan cheese
- salt, pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- Blanch the spinach in some boiling salted water: drain, refresh and then chop.
- Whisk together the eggs (but NOT too thoroughly) with the milk and grated parmesan.
- Chop the tomatoes and add these to the mix, then season.
- Chop the onion and saute in a pan with a little olive oil for around two minutes before adding the garlic; cook for another minute. Now add the chopped spinach. And spread out over the surface of the pan.
- Pour the egg mixture over this and allow to set, shaking the pan at the same time. Then transfer either to the oven or place under the grill for another 10-15 minutes (keep the grill on a low heat so that the frittata cooks and becomes golden brown but do not allow to burn).
- This dish would also suit sun-dried tomatoes, olives, gorgonzola or goats' cheese sprinkled on top.
More by Eamonn Ó Cathain:
- Steamed Baby Leeks With Mustard Sauce And Hard Boiled Eggs
- Chorizo with Haricot Beans and Red Wine
- Roast Lamb with Rosemary and Sage Pesto with Rosemary and Lemon Roast Potatoes