Make your own - and never look at a tin again.
- 600 g squash (peeled and de-seeded)
- 200 g onions (peeled)
- 200 g potatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 dessertspoons of ground coriander
- 1 l hot stock
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- bunch of fresh coriander
- Place a saucepan over a medium heat and then add a drop of olive oil. Add the squash, potatoes, onions, garlic and ground coriander.
- Cover and leave to simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour in the hot chicken stock and bring the soup to the boil.
- When the squash is tender the soup is ready to be blended.
- Stir in the roughly chopped fresh coriander and serve or allow to cool and freeze for when you need it!
More by Richard Corrigan:
- Butter Poached Smoked Haddock with a German Potato Salad
- Roasted Corn on the Cob
- Rump Burger with Foccacia Bread and Chunky Chips